The primary objective of this program is to offer financial support to both existing and new companies engaged in tourism-related activities and services. By providing assistance to these businesses, the program aims to promote growth and development within the tourism industry.
The funding program has several specific purposes, which include:
- Acquisition and Construction
- Working Capital Support
- Refurbishment and Upgrades
- Hotel Rehabilitation, Urban Renewal, and Heritage Conservation
RM 1.0 Billion
(An aggregate of RM500 million is allocated for Bumiputera companies across all schemes).
Up to 20 Years
Up to 5 Years
Determined based on the following categories:
- Minimum amount of RM5 million
- Working capital requirements : maximum amount of RM50 million
- Development of infrastructure : maximum amount of RM100 million
- The above may vary subject to the Bank’s credit assessment
*Financing amount is subject to BPMB’s evaluation and credit policies.
COF + Margin – Subsidy of 1.5%
BFR + Margin – Subsidy of 1.5%
Subject to the Approving Authority of BPMB
- Majority ownership of 51% by Malaysian
- All applicants must have a minimum paid-up capital of RM5.0 million or minimum of 20% from the total financing applied, whichever is higher.
- Applicants must acquire an endorsement (i.e. Letter of Support) from the Ministry Of Tourism, Art And Culture (MOTAC)
- Term financing
- The scheme can be structured for syndication/club deal arrangements
- Up to 80%
- 1.5 % per annum
- 1 January until 31 December 2025 ( Application received before 31 December 2025 is granted an extension until 31 March 2026 for approval process )
- All tourism infrastructure projects, i.e. projects that contribute to the development of tourism industry such as, but not limited to hotel, convention center, facilities related to education, medical or agro tourism.