|Objective || |
- To accelerate industry adoption of Industry 4.0 related technologies thereby increasing the contribution of the manufacturing sector to the national economy
- Fund the transformation of Malaysia’s industrial capabilities by supporting the right ecosystem for Industry 4.0 to make Malaysia a preferred high technology manufacturing location
- Support the adoption of digital transformation across the Bank’s mandated sectors to develop digital-economy for the nation
|Purpose || |
- To part finance the acquisition and/or development of specific assets, including software, licences, patents etc.
- To part finance the project / contracts relevant to the digital technologies.
- To provide working capital
|Scheme Size || |
(An aggregate of RM500 million is allocated for Bumiputera companies across all schemes)
|Availability || |
- 1 January 2021 until 31 December 2023
- Application received before 31 December 2023 is granted an extension until 31 March 2024 to complete approval process
|Target Sector || |
- Technologies are inclusive of, but not limited to, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Automation meant for:-
- Producer : Technology firms or manufacturing companies offering the technologies
- User : Companies/entities adopting the technologies as part of their operations
- Provider of Infrastructure : Companies that construct/build related infrastructure for the adoption of technology
|Eligible Applicant || |
- Partnership, Private Limited, Public Company and Co-operatives.
- Registered and incorporated in Malaysia.
- Minimum ownership of 40% by Malaysian
|Eligible Project || |
- Projects that are within the parameters set by relevant agencies involved in development of digital technologies
|Facility Offered || |
- Term financing
- The scheme can be structured for syndication/club deal arrangements
|Financing Purpose || |
- For capital expenditure (CAPEX) and operating expenditure (OPEX) purposes
|Financing Tenure || |
- CAPEX : up to 15 years
- OPEX : up to 5 years.
|Margin of Financing || |
|Financing Amount || |
- Financing amount is subject to BPMB’s evaluation and credit policies. Any application exceeding the maximum amount must obtain Board approval
- As guidance,the fund available per customer may be determined based on the following categories:
- Asset/hardware/software acquisition and/or development : up to RM100 million
- Development of infrastructure : up to RM100 million
- The above may vary subject to the Bank’s credit assessment.
|Pricing || |
- Goverment : COF + Margin -Subsidy of 2%
- Commercial : BFR + Margin -Subsidy of 2%
- Margin is up to 2% per annum. Effective rate is subject to the approving authority of BPMB
|Profit Subsidy || |
|Credit Related Matters || |
- Subject to BPMB's credit approval processes.