- To finance incremental cost of new and existing project excluding working capital.
- For acquisition of land, a maximum amount of 40% of the land/project cost, whichever lower is allowed.
- Financing for following purposes are not allowed:-
1) Financing for acquisition and taking over existing productive capacity.
2) Financing of casinos.
|Fund Size ||RM2.4 billion. |
|Financing Rate ||Fixed rate 4.0% - 5.5% per annum |
|Maximum Tenure ||Up to 20 years. |
|Financing Limit || |
- Minimum: RM5.0 million.
- Maximum: RM50.0 million or up to 80% of total project cost.
|Security || |
Acceptable security coverage by the Bank (but not limited to the followings):-
- First fixed legal charge;
- Third party charge (if required); and/or
- Joint and several guarantee of Directors (in their personal capacity)/Corporate/Kafalah Bank Guarantee.
|Eligibility || |
- Applicants must be Malaysian-owned (at least 51%).
- All existing and new enterprises carrying out or planning to carry out tourism infrastructure projects are eligible.
- Minimum paid-up capital of RM5.0 million or minimum of 20% from the total loan, whichever is higher.
- Any other conditions imposed by the Bank or Ministry of Tourism and Culture (MOTAC). (i.e. endorsement from MOTAC such as Letter of Support etc.)
|Financial Covenants || |
- Maximum gearing ratio 4 : 1
- Minimum Financing Service Coverage Ratio 1.2 : 1
|Nature of Project || |
- Projects must be in Malaysia.
- Projects that contribute towards tourism industry. Priority given to following non-exhaustive list:-
- Integrated/ regional tourism centers/ attractions/ facilities and complexes.
- River and waterfront developments.
- Theme/recreation parks /centers.
- Accommodation with special theme-based developments.
- Marina and marine tourism.
- Supporting facilities such as:-
- Access roads
- Cable cars