|Purpose || |
- To finance the acquisition of vessels;
- To finance the acquisition of land, construction of shipyard infrastructure and its related machinery and equipment;
- To finance the acquisition of land, construction of building, plant and machinery of port, bonded warehouse, port yard and haulage for maritime activities;
- To finance oil & gas related activities and services; and/or
- To part finance working capital requirements.
- (Applicable for MDF only) Refinancing of existing BPMB facilities for maritime sector , based on 2.0 – 4.0% p.a. is allowed from 1 Jan 2017 – 31 Dec 2018 on a case-to-case basis and will subject to BPMB’s internal guidelines
- (Applicable for MDF only) Aerospace sector to be included in MDF from Jan 2017 onwards.
|Fund Size ||RM3.0 billion. |
|Fixed Financing Rate (p.a.) || |
| ||2017 - 2018 ||2019 - Onwards |
|Maritime ||2% - 4% ||4%- 6% |
|Aerospace ||4% - 6% |
|Margin of Financing ||Up to 90%. |
|Maximum Tenure || |
- Maximum 12 years (inclusive of 2 years grace period).
- Age of vessel must not exceed 20 years at the end of payment period for secondhand vessels.
|Financing Limit || |
- Minimum: Acquisition of fixed assets: RM2.0 million. Working capital: RM1.0 million.
- Maximum: RM500.0 million.
|Security || |
Either one or a combination of the following:-
- Guarantee by shareholders/directors;
- Kafalah Bank guarantee;
- Mortgage on other assets;
- Debenture on fixed and floating assets; and/or
- Assignment of contract proceeds/ Takaful.
|Eligibility || |
- Private Limited, Public Company and Cooperatives.
- Applicants must be Malaysian-owned (at least 51%).
|Target Group || |
- Shipping and shipyard companies.
- Companies that are involved in marine and oil & gas related activities and services.
- Aerospace sector to be included in MDF from Jan 2017 onwards.